SilverCrest Employees Full Benefits
SilverCrest Properties offers a robust total rewards package that includes competitive base salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, work-life flexibility, performance recognition, and growth and development opportunities.
We know that our employees have different personal and financial health needs at various stages in life, so we have designed our total rewards package in effort to best meet those varying needs. Eligible employees enjoy choices from both traditional employment benefits as well as new and innovative programs.
The information below is an overview, and details for each plan are outlined their plan documents.
For Medical Insurance, employees working 30 or more hours per week are eligible to choose from SilverCrest’s two health insurance plans which both include four network options. Benefits begin on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Eligible dependents include the employee’s legal spouse and children under age 26.
Employees have two plans to choose from:
- Medica $3,000 Deductible, 100% HSA In-Network Plan: You pay 0% after deductible, no deductible required for preventative care
- Medica $6,450 Deductible, 100% HAS In-Network Plan: You pay 0% after deductible, no deductible required for preventative care
Within each Medica health insurance plan option, employees also have a choice of four provider networks. Coverage with both Medica plans remains the same regardless of which network an employee selects. Only the number of in-network providers and monthly premiums vary depending on the chosen network.
Network A: Medica Choice Passport
Medica Choice Passport is an open-access network that allows you to choose from any doctor, clinic or facility throughout the large network of over 800,000 physicians and more than 5,300 hospitals nationwide. No referrals are needed. To check who’s in this network, use the online search tool: Medica Choice Passport Or call Medica at 1-(800) 952-2455. Regardless of where you need care in the United States, emergency care is always covered at your in-network benefit level.
Network B: Medica Elect
With the Medica Elect network, you choose a primary care clinic which is affiliated with a care system. A care system is a group of primary care clinics, specialists and hospitals that work together to coordinate your overall care. You have access to specialist providers within your designated care system without needing referrals. To check who’s in your network, use the online search tool: Medica Elect or call Medica at 1- (800) 952-2455. Regardless of where you need care in the United States, emergency care is always covered at your in-network benefit level. Family members can choose different primary care clinics and care systems. You can change your primary care clinic and care system as often as once a month. To change your primary care clinic, use the online form at Medica Elect Primary Care Change Online Form Regardless of where you need care, emergency care is always covered at your in-network benefit level.
Elect Care Systems (Twin Cities Metro area)
- Allina Medical Clinics
- Children’s Health Network
- Hennepin Healthcare (HCMC)
- Lakeview Medical Care System
- Park Nicollet Health Services
- RiverWay / North Suburban Clinics
Greater Metro area
- Minnesota HealthCare Network
- Olmsted Medical Center
- Integrity Health Network
- St Luke’s Care System
Network C: Medica Vantage Plus
The Medica Vantage Plus Accountable Care Organization (ACO) includes 3,500 primary and specialty care physicians, 650 clinics and 12 hospitals. No referrals are needed when using a Vantage Plus provider. To check who’s in your network, use the online search tool Medica Vantage Plus. Regardless of where you need care in the United States, emergency care is always covered at your in-network benefit level.
Vantage Plus Clinics include:
- Burnsville Family Physicians
- Entira Family Clinics
- M-Health Clinics
- North Memorial Health Clinics
- Northwest Family Physicians
- Northwest Family Physicians
- and many others–check the network link above
Vantage Plus Hospitals Include:
- Children’s Hospital
- Gillette Children’s Hospital
- M Health Fairview Hospitals
- Maple Grove Hospital
- North Memorial Hospital
- U of M Medical Center, Fairview
Network D: Medica Park Nicollet
The Medica Park Nicollet First network is an integrated health care system that includes more than 20 neighborhood clinics and features primary care, urgent care and more than 55 medical specialties. No referrals needed when visiting a Park Nicollet First provider. For a list of in-network providers visit: Medica Park Nicollet and choose the Park Nicollet First with Medica or call Medica at (800) 952-2455. Regardless of where you need care in the United States, emergency care is always covered at your in-network benefit level.
Nice Healthcare is a primary care clinic that offers you and your household unlimited virtual and in-home visits with clinicians. SilverCrest has covered 100% of these costs, so this service is FREE to use. Nice Healthcare is available to you if you are enrolled in any of the SilverCrest Properties health plans. Your family members need not be enrolled in SilverCrest’s health plan, only the employee must be enrolled in order to use Nice for your entire household.
Virtual Chat and Video Visits
Using the Nice Healthcare app, Nice offers same-day chat or video visits with licensed clinicians who can diagnose conditions, refer you for additional services provided by Nice, or refer you to a specialist. Virtual visits may last up to 45 minutes. All Nice services are start with a virtual visit with your Nice clinician.
In-Home Visits with Clinicians
When virtual visits don’t meet your needs, Nice will send one of their licensed clinicians to your home or workplace to conduct physical tests, labs and blood draws, and address any concerns you may have. In-home visits usually occur the same day, or the day after they’re requested depending on the patient’s needs. Clinicians are given up to 45 minutes with each patient.
Nice can send imaging technicians to your home to conduct X-rays and EKG services. Imaging services may be scheduled in as little as 4 hours after your initial virtual visit with your clinician. If you can’t wait that long, please seek emergency or urgent care services.
550+ Free Medications
Nice offers you over 550 medications that can be prescribed by your clinician at no cost to you. Your clinician can send a prescription to your choice of over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide, excluding Walgreens. So, all you need to do is show up, present your Nice Rx card in the app, and get the medication you need without worrying about the cost.
Virtual Physical Therapy
Patients with musculoskeletal issues or concerns may receive access to licensed physical therapists through the Nice app. Initial evaluations are 60 minutes and will determine your treatment plan and follow-up needs. Patients must consult their Nice clinician in order to enroll in physical therapy.
Virtual Mental Health Therapy
Nice offers patients access to licensed mental health therapists to address a wide wide range of behavioral health issues through virtual sessions in the Nice app. Initial consultations are 90 minutes and follow-up sessions will last up to 60 minutes.
Sanvello is a top-rated self-help app that uses clinically validated techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
Individuals can relieve symptoms and build life skills that can reduce potential high-cost interventions through:
- Daily mood tracking
- Coping tools and relaxation techniques
- Integrated goal setting and progress assessments
- Guided journeys to help you feel more in control and build long-term life skills
- Community support
A Health Savings Accounts (HSA) allows you to set aside money to pay for eligible expenses with tax-free dollars subject to the annual IRS maximum HSA contribution limit. The spending accounts offer significant tax advantages because you don’t pay Social Security, Federal or State taxes on the portion of your income that you contribute to your spending account. Because you don’t pay taxes on the money you contribute to your account, you gain an easy way to save money while paying for expenses you expect to incur.
Important notes on HSA’s: HSA balances rollover year after year and can be saved for future medical expenses or your retirement. There is no “Use it or Lose it” rule with HSAs. Funds withdrawn to pay for qualified medical, dental and vision expenses are tax free. Funds used for non-qualified expenses are subject to income tax and a 20% penalty.
The HSA accounts are administered by HSA Bank.
Administered by Delta Dental of Minnesota
Good oral care enhances overall physical health, appearance, and mental well-being. Keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright with the SilverCrest Properties dental benefit plan.
You have the choice between two dental networks.
Go to Delta Dental Networks and determine if your dentist is within the Delta PPO Network or the Delta Premier Network.
To search for an in-network eye clinic in your area visit EyeMed Providers and choose the INSIGHT NETWORK
Voluntary Life Insurance
Employees can purchase Voluntary Life insurance in addition to any company-provided coverage. You may also purchase Vol Life insurance for your spouse and/or children if you purchase Vol Life coverage for yourself. AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment) coverage is included which essentially doubles the life insurance payment in the event of an accidental death. You may reduce or drop coverage at any time.
Employees: Purchase up to 5 x times your salary in increments of $10,000; $500,000 maximum amount*
Spouse: Purchase up to $100,000 in increments of $5,000*
Children: Purchase in increments of $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000. You pay one premium which includes all dependent children. Each child would be covered for the full amount.
**Exempt level staff are provided base life policy up to $50,000, as well as short-term, and long-term disability at no cost.
Critical Illness Insurance provides a $10,000 lump sum payment to you in the event of an unexpected critical illness or diagnosis of the following:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cancer (invasive)
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Major Organ Transplant
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Brain Tumor
This plan also includes an annual $50 health screening/wellness payment available to you when you receive your annual preventive screenings.
Protect yourself and your devices with LifeLock w/Norton.
Two plan options which include:
- LifeLock Identity Alert System
- Prior ID Theft Remediation
- Privacy Monitor
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Social Media Monitoring
- ID Verification Monitoring
- $1M Protection Package
- Financial Account Activity Alerts
- Lost Wallet Protection
- Password Manager
- Norton Device Security
- Norton Family Parental Controls
- PC Safecam
- Norton Secure VPN
With LegalShield, a legal protection plan, you can protect your legal rights at an affordable rate.
LegalShield provides you and your family direct access to a dedicated law firm who can review and prepare legal documents such as Wills and assist with other personal legal matters such as speeding tickets, neighbor disputes and family related matters such as adoption.
- Direct access to a dedicated law firm
- Legal consultation and advice
- Legal document preparation and review
- Demand letters and phone calls
- Court representation
- Speeding ticket assistance
- Will preparation
- And SO MUCH MORE!
For more information, please visit Legal Shield Information or call (888)807-0407.
Administered by Nationwide
Get cash back on eligible vet bills.
- Choose from three levels of reimbursement: 90%, 70% or 50%*
- Available exclusively for SilverCrest employees. These plans and rates are not available to the general public.
- Same price for pets of all ages your rate won’t go up because your pet had a birthday
- Use any vet, anywhere – no networks, no pre-approvals.
- Optional wellness coverage available includes spay/neuter, dental cleaning exams, vaccinations and more.
Hourly employees can use the DailyPay pay access platform as a way to access their money/pay as they earn it.
- Access your earned pay – hourly workers can access their pay from Day 1, and have it sent to any account, debit card or pay card, instantly or next day.
- Save on fees – You can save up to $1,205 annually on late fees, overdraft fees and payday loan interest and fees.
- Get paid on-demand – You can transfer your earnings immediately, no matter what time of day it is, 24/7/365.
*This benefit is available to hourly employees ONLY.
401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
This benefit is available to employees who are 21 years of age, have one year of service with the Company and have worked 1,000 hours in a one-year time period.
Once you are eligible, you can join the plan at any time during the quarterly enrollment periods.
Enrollment kits will be mailed directly to your home address upon meeting the eligibly requirements.
Your contributions come out of your paycheck before being taxed under Section 125 Pre-tax Premium Plan. At the same time you are not only saving tax dollars, but those dollars are being invested. In addition to your pre-tax contributions, any earnings in your 401(k) plan are also tax-deferred. There is no limitation, other than those set by the IRS, for employees to elect their pre-tax payroll deduction based on the percentage of their salary.
ROTH 401(k) Plan
The Roth 401(k) deferral option will give you the flexibility to designate all or part of your elective deferrals as Roth contributions. All Roth contributions are made with after-tax dollars.
The fund has an Employer Matching Contribution; currently the match is 50% of the first 4% the employee contributes subject to vesting. For example, if you elect to contribute 4% of your salary, the Company will then contribute 2% of your salary into the plan. The employer matched portion is vested at 20% per year after your initial eligibility and you will have access to the full amount of employer match after 5 years.
All full-time employees are eligible to receive the holiday off with pay. However, given the nature of SilverCrest’s business, it may be necessary to schedule some employees to work on a holiday.
All non-exempt employees who work on a paid holiday will receive holiday pay. Holiday pay is equal to one and one-half times the employee’s regular wage rate.
Employees who normally work at least 30 hours per week and work on a holiday will get an alternate holiday off to be taken within the same pay period by requesting the alternate holiday with their supervisor. Employees will be paid for their regularly scheduled hours on the alternate holiday, not to exceed 8 hours. If the alternate holiday cannot be granted due to staffing considerations, they will work with their supervisor for an alternate day off.
If a holiday falls during an eligible employee’s vacation, the employee will be paid for the holiday and will not be required to take PTO for that day. If a holiday falls on a weekend day, employees who typically do not work weekends will receive an alternate day off during the pay period as an alternative to the holiday.
- Eligibility. All full-time employees are eligible for and earn PTO. Part-time employees and temporary employees are not eligible for and do not earn PTO benefits. Any requested and approved time off for a part-time or temporary employee is taken unpaid.
- Accrual. Eligible employees begin earning PTO as of the first day of employment. PTO shall be granted to full-time employees according to the schedule below. Employees earn PTO on all regular hours worked, as well as when an employee is using PTO hours. PTO is not earned on any overtime hours worked, or any time away from work that is not paid (e.g. during an unpaid leave of absence).
Years of Service Accrual Rate Accrual Maximum 0 – end of year 4 0.0615 per hour 208 Year 5 – end of year 9 0.0808 per hour 208 10+ years .1000 per hour 208
- Availability. Once an employee has earned PTO, it is available for the employee to use. Available hours will be identified on the ADP self-service portal. An employee’s transfer between SilverCrest companies will not impact the employee’s earned PTO balance, the ability to use PTO or the employee’s PTO accrual rate.
- Limitations on Use. A non-exempt employee cannot use PTO hours for a single day in excess of the number of hours the employee is typically scheduled to work (i.e. a non-exempt employee scheduled to work six (6) hours per day is limited to a maximum of six (6) hours of PTO per day). Except in very limited circumstances, an employee may not take PTO in advance of earning it. Exempt employee’s use PTO for full days away from work and in 8-hour increments.
- Scheduling. Use of PTO requires supervisor approval. Unless used unexpectedly (e.g. for illness), PTO should be requested as soon as possible, generally a minimum of two weeks in advance. PTO must be requested through SilverCrest’s employee self-service portal. This request will then be forwarded to your supervisor. Approval of PTO is subject to the staffing needs of the Company. Accordingly, supervisors may restrict or deny the use of PTO during difficult times or as otherwise deemed necessary and in the best interests of the Company. Generally, PTO will not be granted in timeframes of longer than two weeks.
- Limit on Earned PTO. An employee may carry a balance of PTO hours no greater than their maximum accrual amount. If an employee accrues PTO in excess of the maximum balance permitted, no further PTO will be earned until the employee uses his or her PTO and reduces the PTO balance to below the maximum balance.
- Payments to Resigning Employees. Employees who elect to terminate their employment with SilverCrest may be eligible to receive payment of their earned but unused PTO. In order to receive such payment upon termination, an employee must have completed one year of continuous service to SilverCrest and must have provided SilverCrest with proper notice as required in the Termination of Employment section of this Handbook. Those employees who resign before completing one year of continuous service, or without providing proper notice, will forfeit all earned but unused PTO and will not be paid for the same upon termination from employment. Employees who are involuntarily terminated will not receive payment of their earned but unused PTO.
Send Us A Message!
No matter where you’re at in your journey, we’d love to be a resource. Let us know what questions you have or how we can help.